Dienne Cake by Aline's Cuisine
A different version of a delicious apple cake with nuts.
About the Author Aline’s Cuisine is a collection of traditional Armenian and international recipes that translate into mouthwatering dishes that are easy to prepare. Aline draws inspiration from her love of cooking, which started at early age in her father’s kitchen.
INGREDIENTS Food is a hugely important part of any get-healthy goal, but can we all agree to ditch the word “diet” for now? It has so many negative connotations. Think about creating a nutrition strategy instead. Here are some basic rules to follow, regardless of whether you’re vegan or eat animal products:
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups crushed walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
For cake topping
- 4 apples peeled and cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In a sauce pan, put apples, butter, sugar and cinnamon. Cook over low heat, until apples are soft.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF / 180ºC (moderate temperature)
- Grease and flour a round cake pan (30x30cm)
- Beat eggs with vanilla for 5 minutes. Add sugar, butter and oil, beating continously
- Gradually add flour, baking powder, walnuts and raisins. Mix using a spatula.
- Pour batter in prepared cake pan.
- Place apple mixture over cake. Bake for 45 minutes or until cake is done.